How you can help:
Before making any donation to a non-profit organization, it is wise to ask a few questions about how your money will be spent. Here are a few facts about Honor Their Service:
- Honor Their Service is a 100% volunteer effort.
- Not only do we have no paid officers or employees, but our bylaws specifically forbid directors and officers from accepting pay for their services.
- We have adopted the IRS' suggested conflict of interest policy in full. What does this mean to you?
- Any officer or director with a conflict of interest must immediately disclose the potential conflict to the Board and recuse him- or herself from voting on any matter where a conflict is judged to exist.
- HTS is determined to maintain the highest ethical standards in all our dealings.
- In April of 2009, HTS was formally determined to be a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity (click here for our IRS Determination Letter). What does this mean to you?
- Your contributions to HTS are tax deductible under section 170 of the IRS code and eligible for employer matching funds, if applicable.
- Bequests, devises, transfers or gifts to HTS are tax deductible under sections 2055, 2016, or 2522 of the IRS code.
- As a new organization, HTS has yet to file its first tax return with the IRS, but we are determined to comply fully with IRS public disclosure guidelines in all our financial dealings. If you have questions regarding donations, financial filings, our IRS status or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact our Treasurer.
Honor Their Service, Inc.
P. O. Box 44
New Market, MD 21774